12:26 PM ET
Mohammad Nabi will join Kent for a second Vitality Blast season in 2020.
Afghanistan international Nabi, who leads the ICC's T20 allrounder rankings, produced a number of memorable performances for in Kent in nine Blast matches in 2019. He scored 147 runs at a strike rate of 153.12 and his destructive innings of 43 off just 12 balls to help the club defeat Surrey in July was a highlight.
He also claimed eight wickets with his off-spin at an economy rate of 7.22 and took three catches, including a brilliant boundary edge catch against Somerset on debut.
Nabi is experienced in playing for T20 franchises around the world, including Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL and in the BBL with champions Melbourne Renegades. He was a second-round draft pick for London Spirit, with whom he will play in the Hundred next year.
"I very much enjoyed my first season with Kent and I am pleased to be coming back for another year of the Vitality Blast," Nabi said. "There's lots of quality in the team so hopefully we can do well."
Nabi scored his 15th ODI half-century with an unbeaten 50 off 66 balls in Afghanistan's five-wicket defeat in West Indies on Monday as the hosts swept their series 3-0.
Kent's Director of Cricket, Paul Downton, said the county were delighted to have secured Nabi for a second straight year, subject to regulatory approval.
"To do well in the Blast, you need a number of match-winners, and Nabi showed us what he is capable of last year," Downton said. "His ability to bowl at any stage of the innings and to hit the ball out of the park when he bats makes him one of the most exciting players in world cricket. He fitted into our environment really well and to have him with us for the entirety of the South Group in 2020 is a boost to the whole squad. "