Caracas [Venezuela], Mar 14 (ANI): Venezuelan Information Minister Jorge Rodriguez on Wednesday (local time) said that the massive power outage, that led to a prolonged nationwide blackout, has been completely restored.
CNN reported Rodriguez holding a press briefing, informing that the Venezuelan President"has decided to resume work activities throughout the country", from Thursday.
He, however, added that,"School activities will remain suspended for another 24 hours."Venezuela, which is currently in midst of a political crisis, experienced an almost total blackout last week which left 22 out of the 23 states in the country without power.
The electricity disruption hit the country last Thursday, with the national electricity supplier Corpoelec alleging"sabotage" at the Guri hydroelectric power plant.
The information minister urged people to unplug appliances and turn off lights.
"Help us to help you," he said.
Hospitals across Venezuela were also adversely affected due to the blackouts. An NGO, called Doctors for Health, claimed that 13 people lost their lives due to the blackouts alone. (ANI)